Thursday 7 November 2013

Hannah goes... Halloween

♫ ♪ ♫  "This is Halloween, this is Halloween,
Halloween, Halloween, Halloween, Halloween!" ♪ ♫ ♪
(taken from Tim Burton's lovely film 'A Nightmare Before Christmas')

You might have guessed it already or know it anyways: I like Halloween. And I like to dress up for Halloween. But I basically like to dress up for any kind of given occasion, so I can't really use that as an excuse.^^ Some of you might know that I specifically like to dress up as Lara Croft. I've done this before and ever since last year's Halloween, I've wanted to try this costume again. Unfortunately I did not have the resources here that I would have had in Germany, and although I always know Halloween is coming and I start thinking about how to dress up about a month in advance.... all of a sudden it's the day of the Halloween party and I didn't prepare anything. >_< It's almost always like this. And I don't really know why. Maybe it's because October is always a busy month. Maybe... maybe not. Anyways.

So this year I pretended to be Lara Croft again. It wasn't close as good as previous Lara costumes I've done and I wanted to do it better this time, but oh well. It was fun anyhow. I even managed to go into a Poundland on the day of the party and get some guns this time. The party itself was a huge disappointment (pumpkin carving and making toilet paper mummies, seriously?) but at least I spent the evening with some really nice people and I'm glad I went out.

I also carved my very first own pumpkin this year. *proud* It was a lot of fun and I really like how it turned out. I even got some spooky candy to go with it :)

Happy belated Halloween everyone! I hope you enjoyed it.

No comments:

Post a Comment